Formula 1 has gained significant popularity in the United States over the past few years. The success of the Netflix documentary Drive to Survive brought a lot of new eyes and a renewed interest in the sport in the United States.
On this page I’ve outlined the following:
- Our top rated sportsbook for Americans.
- A short summary of the betting regulations in North Carolina and Kentucky.
- An F1 betting example and a summary of some of the other popular Formula 1 bets.
- 3 step guide you can follow to bet on Formula 1 online.
Best F1 Betting Site For Americans
|50% up to $1000
BetOnline.ag is our recommended betting site for Americans, including North Carolina and Kentucky residents, interested in betting on F1 online.
Sports Betting in North Carolina and Kentucky
Sports betting is technically legal in North Carolina, but only at two retail sportsbooks located in three Tribal Casinos within the state. Two of the tribal casinos are located in the western section of the state, a good distance from the major population centers, while the third is located a 40 minute drive from Charlotte. Lawmakers did pass new online sports betting legislation in June of 2023, but online sportsbooks are not expected to launch until 2024.
In Kentucky legislation passed to legalize sports betting in March of 2023. The online sports betting industry will launch in the state before the end of the year.
Overall, there are currently no good options for regulated sports betting in either North Carolina or Kentucky, but that will change in the near future. That said, residents of both states can still place bets through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the USA, while accepting American players. BetOnline.ag falls into this category.
Formula 1 Betting Options
There are several bets you can make on a Formula 1 race. Betting on the outright winner is a popular bet, but you can wager on every aspect of the race.
Let’s take a look at the outright winner odds for the 2023 Austrian Grand Prix:
In this example, Max Verstappen is a significant favorite leading into the race. In a typical F1 race there are usually only 4 to 7 driver with a legitimate shot at winning the race, outside of unforeseen circumstances.
Here are some other F1 bets you can make with short explanations:
- Fastest Lap – Which driver will record the fastest lap during the race.
- Fastest Qualifier – Which driver will win pole position with the fastest lap during qualifying.
- First Driver Retirement – Which driver will be the first to retire from the race.
- Top 3, Top 6, Top 10 Finish – Will the driver finish in the top positions of the race. (Bet available for variety of finishing positions).
- Driver Head to Head – Which of two drivers will finish the race first. George Russell vs Carlos Sainz for example.
**Most of the above examples also have team versions (betting on which team wins pole position for example).
Bet On F1 in North Carolina or Kentucky – 3 Step Guide
Follow these three steps to bet on Formula 1 races online.
Step 1. Join BetOnline.ag
Click the above link, select ‘Join Now’ on the home page, and complete the sign up form to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your BOL account and click the ‘Deposit’ button. Choose your preferred deposit method (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc) and follow the instructions to make the deposit.
You can cash out any winnings through most of the deposit methods, as well as via bank wire or check through the mail.
Step 3. Place Your Formula 1 Bets
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar.
- Open the ‘Other Sports’ and ‘Auto Racing’ drop down menus and select ‘Formula 1’.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount and click ‘Place Bet’ to make the wager.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.