The Conference Tournaments are over, Selection Sunday is complete, and the 2022 NCAA Tournament bracket is set. It’s time to fill out brackets and place bets on March Madness. The tournament will begin with the First Four play-in games on Tuesday, March 15th, and the actual first round will begin on Thursday, March 17th.
On this page I will outline our top rated betting site for March Madness betting, touch on the sports betting climate in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi, explain the most popular bets you can make on the NCAA Tournament, and finish with a simple 3 step guide you can follow to place your March Madness bets online.
Best Betting Site for Americans
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
SportsBetting.ag is our recommended betting site for Americans looking to bet online, including anyone living in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Sports Betting in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi
Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi all have some form of regulated sports betting at this time. Below, I will take a closer look at your options for betting on March Madness in each state.
Arkansas sports betting is regulated by the Arkansas Racing Commission. There are currently three locations that can take bets within the state. Until March 5th, 2022, Arkansas residents would have to travel to one of these licensed casinos to place a bet. There is now at least one online sportsbook site that is licensed to take bets from Arkansas residents, and more sports betting apps could be introduced in 2022.
In Louisiana regulated sports betting launched in January, 2022. There are currently six regulated and licensed sports betting apps available to Louisiana bettors.
Mississippi was one of the first states to take legal sports bets, way back in 2018. The first two casinos to accept sports bets in the state were two MGM Resort casinos (Beau Rivage in Biloxi or Gold Strike in Tunica). There are now 20+ water- and land-based casinos in Mississippi offering legal sports betting, but all betting must be done on-site.
Mississippi residents looking to bet on March Madness online must do so at an betting site that is licensed and regulated outside of the United States. SportsBetting.ag falls into this category as a popular betting site for Americans that is licensed and regulated in Panama. **Arkansas and Louisiana bettors also have the option to join and place their bets through offshore betting sites. The offshore sites have a long history of serving the US market and are popular and trusted by bettors across the USA.
March Madness Betting Online
There are a wide variety of bets you can make on March Madness. Below I will touch on both futures betting and individual game betting, while focusing on the most popular bets you can make from both options.
NCAA Tournament Futures
Betting on the tournament winner is popular among bettors. The odds below are from SportsBetting.ag and were taken on March 15th (after selection Sunday – but before tournament began):
These are the 14 teams with 25/1 or better odds. Arkansas is just out of the screenshot with odds of 55/1 to win the tournament. To see the full list of odds head to SportsBetting.ag open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu in the sportsbook and select ‘NCAAM Futures’.
Individual Game Bets
You can also bet on each individual game from the NCAA Tournament. You can find the odds for each individual game at SportsBetting.ag by opening the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and selecting ‘NCAA’.
Here’s an example of how the odds will look, using this years first round game between Arkansas and Vermont.
- Point Spread – Arkansas is favored by 5 points in this example. Arkansas must win by 6 or more points to cover the point spread. Vermont must either win the game outright or lose by 4 or fewer points. If Arkansas wins by exactly 5, the spread bets would push.
- Win – The next odds are the “to win” or “money line” odds. With this bet you are simply wagering on which team will win the game and the odds indicate your risk vs reward. You would have to bet $215 to win $100 betting on Arkansas, while a $100 bet on Vermont would win $185 if they pulled off the upset.
- Total – The final bet in the above example is the “total” or “over/under”. This bet involves wagering on the total number of points scored by both teams in the game. The oddsmaker sets a number (139.5 in our example) and you can bet on whether the points scored will be over or under this amount.
Bet On March Madness Online From Arkansas, Louisiana or Mississippi
Follow this three step tutorial to bet on March Madness online from anywhere in the United States.
Step 1. Join SportsBetting.ag
Click the above link and complete the short sign up form on the home page to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your new account and click on the ‘Deposit Now’ or ‘Cashier’ link. Select your preferred deposit method, enter the amount of your deposit, and follow the instructions to fund your account.
SportsBetting accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Skrill, Neteller, and more.
Step 3. Place Your March Madness Bets
It’s time to place your NCAA Tournament wagers.
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top navigation bar at SportsBetting.ag.
- Open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and select ‘NCAA’ or ‘NCAAM Futures’.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Click ‘Straight Bet’ and enter your risk amount.
- Click ‘Place my bet’ to lock in your wager.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit SportsBetting.ag.