The Conference Tournaments have concluded, Selection Sunday is in the books, and the 2021 NCAA Tournament bracket is official. It’s time to fill out brackets and place bets on March Madness. The tournament will begin with the First Four play-in games on Thursday, March 18th, and the actual first round will begin on Friday.
On this page I will outline our top rated betting site for March Madness betting, touch on the sports betting climate in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi, explain the most popular bets you can make on the NCAA Tournament, and finish with a simple 3 step guide you can follow to place your March Madness bets online.
Best Betting Site for Americans
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
SportsBetting.ag is our recommended betting site for Americans looking to bet online, including anyone living in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
Sports Betting in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi
Arkansas and Mississippi both have regulated in-person sports betting at this time, while Louisiana voted to approve a ballot permitting sports betting activities and operations in the state.
That said, if you are looking to bet on March Madness online from the comfort of your own home there is currently no regulated option in any of the three states. Arkansas currently only allows in-person bets at 3 casinos in the state, while Mississippi has in-person betting at 29 casinos, while Louisiana is still in the early stages of the regulatory process.
If you live in any of the three states you do still have the ability to bet on March Madness online, you will just have to place your bets through an online betting site that is licensed and regulated outside of the USA, while accepting US bettors. SportsBetting.ag falls into this category as a popular betting site for Americans that is licensed and regulated in Panama.
March Madness Betting Online
There are a wide variety of bets you can make on March Madness. Below I will touch on both futures betting and individual game betting, while focusing on the most popular bets you can make from both options.
NCAA Tournament Futures
Betting on the tournament winner is popular among bettors. The odds below are from SportsBetting.ag and were taken on March 16th (after the brackets were set, but before the tournament began):
These are the 12 teams with 40/1 or better odds. Arkansas has odds of 66/1. To see the full list of odds head to SportsBetting.ag open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu in the sportsbook and select ‘NCAAM Futures’.
Individual Game Bets
You can also bet on each individual game from the NCAA Tournament. You can find the odds for each individual game at SportsBetting.ag by opening the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and selecting ‘NCAA’.
Here’s an example of how the odds will look, using the first round game between Arkansas and Colgate.
- Point Spread – Arkansas is favored by 8.5 points in this example. Arkansas must win by 9 or more points to cover the point spread. Colgate must either win the game outright or lose by 8 or fewer points.
- Win – The next odds are the “to win” or “money line” odds. With this bet you are simply wagering on which team will win the game and the odds indicate your risk vs reward. You would have to bet $385 to win $100 betting on Arkansas, while a $100 bet on Colgate would win $315 if they pulled off the upset.
- Total – The final bet in the above example is the “total” or “over/under”. This bet involves wagering on the total number of points scored by both teams in the game. The oddsmaker sets a number (161.5 in our example) and you can bet on whether the points scored will be over or under this amount.
Bet On March Madness Online From Arkansas, Louisiana or Mississippi
Follow this three step tutorial to bet on March Madness online from anywhere in the United States.
Step 1. Join SportsBetting.ag
Click the above link and complete the short sign up form on the home page to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your new account and click on the ‘Deposit Now’ or ‘Cashier’ link. Select your preferred deposit method, enter the amount of your deposit, and follow the instructions to fund your account.
SportsBetting accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Bitcoin, Skrill, Neteller, and more.
Step 3. Place Your March Madness Bets
It’s time to place your NCAA Tournament wagers.
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top navigation bar at SportsBetting.ag.
- Open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and select ‘NCAA’ or ‘NCAAM Futures’.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Click ‘Straight Bet’ and enter your risk amount.
- Click ‘Place my bet’ to lock in your wager.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit SportsBetting.ag.