UFC betting and sports betting as an industry have boomed over the past few years. I added this page to help Kentucky and North Carolina residents learn how to bet on UFC fights online.
On this page I’ve outlined the following:
- Our top recommended betting site for Americans.
- A quick summary of the sports betting regulation progress in North Carolina and Kentucky.
- A UFC betting example and a summary of some other popular UFC bets.
- 3 step guide you can follow to place UFC bets online.
Best UFC Betting Site for Americans
|50% up to $1000
BetOnline.ag is our top-rated betting site for Americans, including anyone living in Kentucky or North Carolina.
BetOnline is primarily focused on serving the United States betting market and this shows through in their bet offerings, promotions and customer service.
Sports Betting in North Carolina and Kentucky
North Carolina and Kentucky are at different points in terms of progressing towards allowing regulated sportsbooks to operate in the states.
In North Carolina sports betting is legal. There are currently three retail sportsbooks open in the state. All three retail sportsbooks are located at tribal casinos in North Carolina, and you must place your bets on-location. Online sports betting is not currently allowed in North Carolina, but there is a new Senate bill that will look to legalize online betting and open up the North Carolina market to online sports betting apps. Learn more on our North Carolina sports betting page.
In Kentucky legal sports betting is not yet available. In 2022 Kentucky came close to legalizing sports betting, but the effort fell short on the last day in the Senate. There is optimism that a new bill will succeed during the 2023 legislative session.
To summarize, there really aren’t any options for regulated online sports betting in North Carolina or Kentucky at this time. That said, residents of both states are able to place bets at online betting sites that accept Americans and are licensed & regulated outside of the USA. BetOnline.ag falls into this category.
UFC Betting Options
There are several bets you can make on a UFC fight, but simply betting on the fight winner gets the majority of action.
Let’s take a look at the odds for the Jon Jones vs Ciryl Gane title fight from UFC 285 as an example:
In the above example, Jon Jones is a -161 favorite to win the fight. This means you would have to risk $161 betting on Jones to win $100. Gane is the +141 underdog, which means a $100 bet on Gane would win $141 (payout of $241).
Here are some other UFC bets you can make with short explanations:
- Method of Victory – A bet on the winner of the fight + the method of victory (decision, submission, knockout).
- Round Betting – A bet on the winner of the fight + the round they win in (or decision).
- Total Rounds – An over/under bet on the length of the fight.
Bet On UFC In North Carolina or Kentucky – Guide
Follow these three steps to bet on the UFC online.
Step 1. Join BetOnline.ag
Click the above link, select ‘Join Now’ on the home page and fill out the form to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your new account and click the ‘Deposit’ button. Select your preferred deposit method (Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc) and follow the instructions to make your deposit.
You can cash out your winnings via most deposit methods, as well as bank wire or check through the mail.
Step 3. Place Your UFC Bets
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar.
- Open the ‘Martial Arts’ drop down menu and select ‘MMA’ and the event you want to bet on.
- Select the bet you want to make to add it to the Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount and click ‘Place Bet’ to confirm.
Here’s a screenshot from UFC 285 to show you the clicks:
Ready to bet? Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.