March Madness is back this year. The 68 top college basketball teams in the country will meet in a bubble like environment in Indiana to battle it out throughout the NCAA Tournament until a champion is crowned at the conclusion of the Final Four. Selection Sunday is scheduled for March 14th and then it will be bracket building and futures betting time leading into the first weekend of March Madness. I added this page to help Minnesota and Wisconsin residents understand how to bet on March Madness online.
On this page I will outline the following:
- Our recommended betting site for Americans looking to bet on March Madness.
- A brief breakdown of the sports betting regulatory climate in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Examples of the March Madness bets you can make on individual games and futures.
- A 3 step guide you can follow to place your March Madness bets online.
Best March Madness Sportsbook for Americans
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
SportsBetting.ag is our top rated betting site for Americans, including Minnesota and Wisconsin residents.
Sports Betting in Minnesota and Wisconsin
At this time it is not legal to operate a sportsbook in either Minnesota or Wisconsin.
There has been no notable movement towards sports betting regulation in either state.
That said, as a Minnesota or Wisconsin resident it is not illegal for you to place bets through an online sportsbook that is licensed and regulated outside of the United States. SportsBetting.ag falls into this category, as it is licensed and regulated in Panama, while accepting American players.
March Madness Betting Options
It is popular to both bet on individual games throughout the NCAA tournament, as well as March Madness futures wagers such as which team will win the entire tournament.
Individual Game Betting
You can bet on each individual game throughout March Madness. Here’s an example of the odds for a college basketball game from SportsBetting.ag. I will outline the three popular betting options you see in the screenshot below.
- Point Spread – In this example Baylor is a -11.5 point favorite. They must win the game by 12 points for a spread bet on Baylor to win. Oklahoma State must either win outright or lose by 11 points.
- Money Line – This is simply a bet on who will win the game. Baylor is the favorite at odds of -700, so you must wager $700 to win $100 betting on Baylor. A $100 bet on Oklahoma State would win $520 if they pulled off the upset.
- Over/Under – This is a bet on the total number of points scored in the game by both teams. The oddsmaker sets a total (148 in this example) and you bet on whether the total points will be over or under that amount.
Check out our basketball betting page for a more in depth explanation of these three bets.
March Madness Futures Betting
Popular futures bets for March Madness include Conference Tournament winners, NCAA Tournament winner, Region winners (advance to Final Four), etc.
Here are the odds for the NCAA Tournament winner from SportsBetting.ag (odds taken on March 4th):
As you can see Gonzaga, Michigan and Baylor are the tournament favorites. I only included the teams 25-1 or shorter odds in this screenshot. To see the full updated odds head to SportsBetting.ag open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and select ‘NCAAM Futures’.
Bet On NCAA Tournament in Minnesota or Wisconsin
Follow this three step guide to place your March Madness bets online.
Step 1. Open A SportsBetting.ag Account
Click the above link and fill out the short form on the home page to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit
After logging in click on the ‘Deposit Now’ or ‘Cashier’ links. Choose your preferred deposit method, enter your deposit amount, and follow the instructions to fund your account.
SportsBetting.ag accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Skrill, Neteller, Bitcoin, and more.
Step 3. Place Your Bets
It’s time to place your March Madness bets!
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar at the SportsBetting website.
- Open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and select ‘NCAA’ or ‘NCAAM Futures’.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add the pick to your Bet Slip.
- Click ‘Straight Bet’ on the Bet Slip and enter your risk amount.
- Click ‘Place my bet’ to lock in your wager.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit SportsBetting.ag.