The Conference Tournaments are complete and the 68 teams have been selected to battle it out in the NCAA Tournament, with the Final Four taking place in Houston the first weekend of April. It’s now time to build brackets and place futures and individual game bets leading into the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament. I added this page to help Missouri and Nebraska residents understand how to place March Madness bets online.
On this page I will outline the following:
- Our top rated betting site for US residents looking to bet on March Madness.
- A quick summary of the sports betting regulatory climate in Missouri and Nebraska.
- Examples of the March Madness bets you can make on both individual games and futures.
- A simple “how to” guide you can follow to quickly and easily bet on March Madness online.
Best March Madness Sportsbook
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
BetOnline.ag is our top rated online sportsbook for Americans, including Missouri and Nebraska residents.
Sports Betting in Missouri and Nebraska
Missouri lawmakers are looking to legalize sports betting in 2023, but no progress has been made at this time.
Nebraska did pass a bill in May of 2021 that makes sports betting legal in the state. That said, regulated sports betting is not yet available in the state, as legislators and regulators are still working on the framework to set up the legal sports betting landscape in Nebraska.
Right now, the only option for Missouri and Nebraska residents, is to place March Madness bets through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the United States, while still accepting US players. BetOnline.ag falls into this category as a betting site that is licensed and regulated in Panama, while accepting American residents.
March Madness Betting Options
Both individual game and futures are popular betting options during March Madness.
Single Game Betting
You can bet on each individual game throughout March Madness. Here’s an example of the odds for a college basketball game from BetOnline. I used the odds from a past SEC Tournament game for the example.
- Point Spread – In this example Mississippi is a -4 point favorite. They must win by the game by 5 or more points for a spread bet on Mississippi to win. Missouri is the +4 underdog, so they must either win the game or lose by 3 or fewer points. If Mississippi wins by exactly 4 points then the spread bets would push (be returned).
- Money Line – This is a bet on which team will win the game outright. Mississippi is the -170 favorite, which means you would have to risk $170 to win $100 betting on Mississippi. Missouri is a +150 underdog, which means a $100 bet on Missouri would win $150.
- Total – The total is an over/under bet on the number of points to be scored in the game by both teams. In the above example, the oddsmaker set the total at 130.5 points and you can bet on whether the points scored in the game will be over or under this amount.
Check out our basketball betting page for a more in depth explanation of these three bets.
March Madness Futures
Popular futures bets for March Madness include betting on the Conference Tournament winners, the NCAA Tournament champion, the Region winners, etc.
Here are the odds for the NCAA Tournament (odds taken on March 13th):
Alabama and Houston are the tournament favorites, while UCLA, Kansas, Purdue and Texas are the other top contenders. I included the 11 teams with 20-1 or better odds in the screenshot above. To see the full list of current odds go to BetOnline.ag, open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and select ‘NCAAM Futures’.
Bet On NCAA Tournament in Missouri or Nebraska
Complete this three step guide to place your March Madness wagers online.
Step 1. Join BetOnline.ag
Click the above link, select ‘Join Now’ on the home page and complete the sign up form to open your account.
Step 2. Deposit Funds
Log into your account and click on the ‘Deposit’ button. Select your preferred deposit method, enter the deposit amount, and follow the instructions to make your deposit.
BetOnline.ag accepts Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more.
Step 3. Place Your March Madness Bets
It’s time to bet on March Madness!
- Click ‘Sports’ from the top navigation bar on the BetOnline website.
- Open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and select ‘NCAA’ or ‘NCAAM Futures’.
- Select the odds of the bet you want to make to add it to your Bet Slip.
- Enter your risk amount on the Bet Slip.
- If you’re happy with the risk amount and potential payout, click ‘Place Bet’ to make the bet.
Ready to bet? Click here to visit BetOnline.ag.
March Madness Betting • Missouri Betting • Nebraska Betting