March Madness is one of the most bet on sporting events in the United States every year. This is especially true in North Carolina, which generally has several schools in the tournament, and often two of the tournament favorites in Duke and UNC.
This year Duke is one of the favorite’s, but North Carolina will not be in the tournament after a rough year riddled by injury and tight losses.
On this page I will recommend our top rated betting site for Americans, touch on the legalities of sports betting in North Carolina, look at some odds and betting options for March Madness 2020, and finish up with a simple 3 step guide you can follow to quickly get your March Madness bets placed online.
Best Betting Site for Americans
|50% up to $1000||Review||Visit|
SportsBetting.ag is our top rated betting site for Americans, including North Carolina residents.
SportsBetting is a trusted and popular online betting site that has served the United States betting market for many years. They are focused on the USA market and this shines through in their customer service, deposit/withdrawal options, promotions and bet offerings.
Sports Betting in North Carolina
In 2019 the North Carolina Governor signed a bill allowing sports and horse race wagering on tribal lands. Two Harrah’s tribal casinos located in the far western part of the state were granted licenses to offer sports betting at their locations. These sportsbooks are projected to open in the fall of 2020.
Outside of these two tribal sportsbooks (which are not yet open) it is not legal to operate a sportsbook in the state of North Carolina.
That said, if you are a North Carolina resident looking to bet on March Madness this year, you can do so by betting with an online betting site, such as SportsBetting.ag, that is licensed and regulated outside of the USA.
North Carolina lawmakers are also considering a bill to allow statewide sports betting, but a decision is not imminent. Check out our North Carolina sports betting page for a further breakdown of betting in the state.
March Madness Betting Options
One of the most popular bets to make during March Madness is simply wagering on which team will win the tournament. Let’s take a look at the NCAA Championship odds (taken on March 3rd) and then I’ll get into a few of the common bets you can make on each March Madness game.
These are the 14 teams with a 25/1 or better chance of winning the tournament. Duke is one of the favorites with odds of 12/1. You can see the up to date odds at SportsBetting.ag by opening the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and selecting ‘NCAAM Futures’.
Here’s a screenshot of what the typical odds for an NCAA basketball game would look like during the tournament. I’m using a North Carolina game in the example, even though a rough start to the season means they likely won’t be in the tournament.
- Spread – In this example North Carolina is an 8 point favorite vs Wake Forest (indicated by the -8). The Tar Heels must win by 9 or more for UNC spread bets to win. Wake Forest must win outright or lose by 7 or fewer. If North Carolina wins by 8 the spread bets would push (refunded).
- To Win – The win odds are in the middle in the screenshot above. With this bet you are simply wagering on which team will win the game, and each teams perceived chances are factored into the odds, which determine your risk vs reward. A $375 bet on UNC would win $100, while a $100 bet on Wake Forest would win $305.
- Over/Under – The oddsmaker sets a total for the amount of points that will be scored by both teams in the game. You can wager on whether the total points will be over or under this set number.
Bet On March Madness In North Carolina – How To Guide
Follow these three steps to get your March Madness bets placed online.
Step 1. Join SportsBetting.ag
Click the above link and fill out the form on the home page to open your account.
SportsBetting is our top rated betting site for all Americans.
Step 2. Deposit
Log into your new account and click on the ‘Cashier’ or ‘Deposit’ links. Select your preferred deposit method (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, bitcoin, Skrill, Neteller, etc) and follow the instructions to complete your deposit.
You can cash out your winnings via check by mail or bank wire in addition to most of the deposit methods listed above.
Step 3. Place Your March Madness Bets!
It’s time to place your bets on the NCAA Tournament!
- Click on ‘Sports’ from the top menu bar at SportsBetting.ag.
- Open the ‘Basketball’ drop down menu and select ‘NCAA’. **If you’re looking for futures click ‘NCAAM Futures’.
- Select the bet(s) you want to make and select ‘Straight Bet’ under the Bet Slip.
- Enter your wager amount and click ‘Place my bet’ to lock in your bet.
It’s that easy. Ready to bet? Click here to visit SportsBetting.ag.